EXECUTIVE CHEFS ASSISTANT
The Executive Chef Interns are found in a wide variety of work settings, In hotels or restaurnats industries the kitchen is staffed by a large number of chefs, culinary assistants, and apprentices.
An Executive chef must be able to spot problems and resolve them quickly and efficiently, maintain alevel head, and delegate many kitchen tasks simultaneously.
Each level has their own specific task, like:
Apprentices Interns, who are at the bottom of the kitchen totem pole:
- Gets food items ready for the other chefs.
- Chop vegetables.
- Prepare meats for cooking.
- Weigh and measure ingredients.
Culinary Assistant Interns are responsible primarily for:
- Cooking the food along with the sous chefs,
- Helping out the head chef whenever needed and stand in for the head chef during an absence.
Executive Chef Interns assist by:
- Cooking food and lead a team of kitchen workers.
- Figuring out how much food will be needed for the week and order food and supplies.
- Creating the restaurant’s menu and adjust it depending on the seasonality or availability of food.
- Culinary and Hospitality majors are welcome.
- Being enrolled in a university or have less than 12 months of graduated.
- From 18 up to 28 years old.
- Fluent in English.
- Any nationality.
- Spanish knowledge is a plus.