USA: J1 Professional Internship Program.
Living in America sounds like a dream for most of us. This is your opportunity to secure an internship in the US through a well-structured program. We will guide you through the entire process of securing an internship in the fields of business, marketing, graphic design, or IT.
— Eligibility: This internship program is designed for university/MBA students and people who have graduated less than 12 months ago. Traineeships are also available for people who have graduated more than 12 months ago, with the stipulation that they must also have at least 12 months full-time work experience in their chosen field. English fluency is required for all positions and if you have work experience, it is even better as your placement may be faster. Keep in mind that this is a cultural training program designed for foreign students to get professional experience and get a better understanding of the American society and business culture.
— Visa: Once you are accepted by a company and your internship is secured, we will start the process for the J-1 training/internship visa. All the required forms (DS-2019 and DS-7002), insurance, and J-1 visa sponsorship are part of the program. We have all aspects covered to get you ready for your next internship experience in America.
— Dates & location: The internship length can vary from 6 to 12 months (12 months is highly preferred and in most cases, required), with flexible starting dates. You will have the opportunity to apply for different internship openings in companies ranging from startups to multinationals. One important aspect is that we look for internships based on your profile and vacancies the companies have open at that time. Therefore, we expect you to be flexible in terms of the internship location, as we have internship opportunities all around the US. An important aspect to consider is that for all J-1 visa programs, placement process may take up to 16 weeks, so please plan accordingly.
- 12 months internship length are paid and are available for business, design, and IT students such as marketing, administration/operations, graphic/web design, as well as web, software or app development. The payment ranges from 8 to 12 USD/hour which is a monthly income of 1,300 to 2,000 USD. With the income you get, you will be able to cover all your living expenses such housing, meals, transportation.
— I already have an offer and just need assistance with the visa:
- Self-arranged internships:
This program is ideal if you already have an internship offer from an American company and just need assistance with the J-1 visa process. We have partnership with over 5 different sponsors designated by the US Department of State who will issue your DS-2019 form (necessary document to get your visa). We will assist you during the entire process of getting the sponsorship, applying for your visa, attending the visa interview, getting your flight, arriving to the US, and filling out all necessary legal documents at arrival.
Internship positions available:
Typical IT & Engineering positions:
Typical Business internships:
- Business Development
- International sales
- Marketing Executive Assistants
- Public Relations
- Human Resources
Past interns have secured positions at:
What’s included :
What’s included «Self-arranged program»:
Am I eligible?
Please apply just if you meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled at university or have less than 12 months of graduated.
- Business and IT related majors only.
- Your major must be related with the position you are applying for.
- Be fluent in English.
- Be able to present a proof of funds of 1,500 USD in the bank for the last 3 months when applying for the visa.
- Be open-minded, willing to learn new things and meet new people.
When should I apply?
- Deadline to apply: 4 months before your starting date.
- Apply 4 to 12 months before your starting date.
- Placement process takes around 16 weeks
- Guaranteed internship placement.
- J-1 Visa process and support for stipend or full paid internships.
- Sponsorship and issue of DS-2019 and DS-7002 forms.
- SEVIS fee and form shipment.
- Valid insurance for the entire internship in all programs.
- Pre-arrival orientation.
- Full support during your internship.
- Assistance and communication with your university for internship accreditation.
- Basic assistance and guidance on how to find housing at your destination.
What's not included:
- Visa fees at your local embassy (around 160 USD).
- Housing expenses.
- Airport pick-up.
- Flight to and from USA.
- Daily living expenses.
- Others not specified.
How about the visa?
The Exchange Visitor Program fosters global understanding through educational and cultural exchanges. All exchange visitors are expected to return to their home country upon completion of their program in order to share their exchange experiences. J-1 Visa is the legal document required in order to intern legally in America. Once you get this visa you will be able to intern for a period of 12 months and get paid. The general steps to get this visa are:
- Secure an internship offer from an eligible host company/hotel in the US (included in the program).
- Prepare the DS-7002 - Training plan (included in the program).
- Apply online to the SEVIS system (fees included in the program).
- Generate the DS 2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status, a SEVIS-generated Form, DS-2019, is provided to you by your program sponsor, after the sponsor enters your information in the SEVIS system (included in the program).
- Apply at your local embassy:
- With the documents shown above, apply at your local embassy for the J-1 Visa. An estimated fee of 160 USD will charged, it is not included in the program fees.
- Interview at your local embassy:
- Applicants must demonstrate to the consular officer that they have binding ties to a residence in a foreign country which they have no intention of abandoning, and that they are coming to the U.S. for a temporary period. It is impossible to specify the exact form the evidence should take since applicants' circumstances vary greatly.
- Get your visa.
- Pre-departure orientation (included in the program).
- Arrive to the US.
How can I join the program?
The process is really easy and it is divided in 3 simple steps:
1 - BOOK YOUR INTERVIEW:
- Fill out the application form.
- Choose the best time and date to have an interview with one of our internship agents.
- The interview objective is to confirm your eligibility and explain in detail the program of your interest.
- If you successfully complete it, you will receive your acceptance letter to enroll into the program.
- Submit the necessary documents requested during the interview.
- Choose your program and 3 positions you want to apply for.
- Pay the Enrollment Fee of 350 USD.
- Receive your welcome letter and start the placement process.
- We will arrange interviews with potential companies offering positions that match your profile.
- Once a company accepts you, we you will send you a draft internship offer including the position, company details, working hours and compensations included (if any).
- Accept your internship offer and pay the program fee.
- You are ready to start your visa process and prepare for a life-time experience.
Internship Testimonials in America:
Keumran Kim — Caribbean TestimonialAll about Mexico - Interns experience , America , Hospitality Internships , Mexico , Testimonials
Niels de Ruiter- Caribbean TestimonialAll about Mexico - Interns experience , America , Hospitality Internships , Mexico , Testimonials
Rodrigo Bertrán- Caribbean TestimonialAll about Mexico - Interns experience , America , Hospitality Internships , Mexico , Testimonials
Oscar Aguilar- Argentina TestimonialAmerica , Hospitality Internships , Testimonials , Thailand