USA: Paid Hospitality & Culinary Internship in America.
We all know about the Great American Dream and its successful stories. We have built this program to give you a chance to create yours. This hospitality internship program is designed under the Exchange Visitor (J1) non-immigrant visa category for under graduates and young professionals who desire to participate in work-and study-based exchange visitor programs in the USA. The internship program includes all necessary documents to be aligned to the J1 program and legal requirements such as valid J1 sponsorship providing the “DS-2019″ form, Sevis registration and fees, as well as an approved medical insurance for your entire stay. We have it all covered so you can just focus on getting proper training at international hotels and Michelin-starred restaurants for 6 or 12 months depending on your choice.
Some of the advantages that you can find in this program are the visa processes, insurance, pre-arrival orientation and full support before and during your internship program. Here are some of the details:
– Compensation: We will place you in hotels or restaurants that will offer you cash compensation good enough to cover your living expenses. You will be working between 35 to 40 hours per week being able to earn from 1,500 to 2,000 USD per month in average. This amount will support you in your daily living expenses, for example you can expect to divide them as follows:
- 33% in daily expenses
- 33% in housing
- 33% for traveling and some fun!
– Visa: The program includes all the process and sponsorship required to obtain the J-1 Visa which allows you to legally undertake an internship in America and get paid for it. Once you apply, we will guide you through the entire process. Keep in mind that some documents have to be signed by your university and you might need a proof of funds and other documents. Please ask during your interview.
– Location: Internship placement process is based on your profile, positions of interest and openings available at the moment of your application. America is a land of opportunities and our program allows you to be placed in any business or tourist places of the country such as California, Texas, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Washington, Colorado, Boston and much more.
– Eligibility & dates: This internship program is designed for university students and recent graduates. Please read in detail the program eligibility that’s shown below. Another important aspect, is that you should consider applying 3 – 4 months before your desired starting date.
– Accommodation: Housing is not included in this program, however we will assist you to find an affordable and well-located place. We recommend you to look for housing near transportation zones or surrounding places of the big cities as you can save more than living in pricey areas in each state. We will be helping you in all this procedures so it’s easier for you.
Typical positions available:
The internship program in the USA is a cross-training program based on J1 visa requirements. This means that intern must rotate at least 3 times into different positions in order to get the most out of the internship experience. In our case, interns normally rotate within the same department, assuring the intern to have a specialized training and the hotel to have a member who can really assist and be involved in the daily tasks.
The crosstrainings you can expect to work at are:
- Front Desk & Customer Service – Crosstraining
- Front Desk
- Room Division
- Night Audit
- Membership Sales
- Customer Service
- Food & Beverage – Crosstraining
- Food & Beverage
- Events & Banquets
- Hot kitchen
- Cold Kitchen
- Purchase and cost calculation
- Bakery and Pastry
The rotation and the positions available will depend on each hotel, and you will have the specific information before you accept any offer.
Past interns have secured positions at:
Am I eligible?
If you meet the following criteria you are one step closer:
- Being enrolled at a university or have less than 12 months of being graduated.
- Only hospitality, tourism and culinary related majors..
- Be available for 6 or 12 months.
- Be between 18 to 27 years old.
- Be fluent in English.
- Be open-minded, willing to learn new things and meet new people.
- Have full support from his university in order to sign an agreement with the host hotel and issue a recommendation letter to the embasy.
When should I apply?
- Deadline to apply: 3 months before your starting date.
- Apply 3 to 12 months before your starting date.
- Program start every Monday of the month.
- 6 months internships are just available from: October to May and April to October. (Few vacancies compared to 12 months programs.
- Placement process takes around 2 to 6 months
What's the total investment?
Enrollment fee of 350 USD: To be paid once you are ready to start. You will receive all details of how to pay it after being interviewed and receive your acceptance letter. Once paid, we will start the placement process.
Program Fee: To be paid once you accept an internship offer.
- 2,550 USD for 6 months.
- 3,550 USD for 12 months.
- Guaranteed cross-training internship placement.
- Potential cash compensations.
- Pre-departure orientation.
- Visa process assistance including the following forms required to get the visa.
- DS 7002.
- DS 2019
- SEVIS FEE.
- Assistance on finding housing.
- Insurance for the entire internship.
- Local support before and during your internship.
- Assistance and communication with your university for internship accreditation.
What's not included:
- Airport pick-up.
- Flight to and from USA.
- Daily living expenses.
- Others not specified.
How about the visa?
The Exchange Visitor Program fosters global understanding through educational and cultural exchanges. All exchange visitors are expected to return to their home country upon completion of their program in order to share their exchange experiences. J1 Visa is the legal document you required in order to work as an intern legally in America. Once you get this visa you will be able to work for a period of 12 months and get paid for it. The general steps to get this visa are:
- Secure an internship offer from an eligible host company/hotel in the US (included in the program).
- Locate and contacted a designated J-1 visa sponsor (included in the program).
- Prepare the DS- 7002 - Training plan (included in the program).
- Apply online to the SEVIS system (fees included in the program).
- DS 2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status, a SEVIS-generated Form, DS-2019, is provided to you by your program sponsor, after the sponsor enters your information in the SEVIS system (included in the program).
- Apply at your local embassy:
- With the documents shown above, apply at your local embassy for the J-1 Visa. An estimated fee of 140 USD will charged, it is not included in the program fees.
- Interview at your local embassy:
- Applicants must demonstrate to the consular officer that they have binding ties to a residence in a foreign country which they have no intention of abandoning, and that they are coming to the U.S. for a temporary period. It is impossible to specify the exact form the evidence should take since applicants' circumstances vary greatly.
What's the next step?
The process is really easy and it is divided in 3 simple steps:
1 - BOOK YOUR INTERVIEW:
- Fill out the application form.
- Choose a time and date to have an interview with one of our internship agents.
- The interview objective is to confirm your eligibility and explain in detail the program of your interest.
- If you successfully complete it, you will receive your acceptance letter to enroll into the program.
- Submit the necessary documents requested during the interview.
- Choose your program and 3 positions you want apply for.
- Pay the Enrollment Fee of 350 USD.
- Receive your welcome letter and start the placement process.
- We will arrange interviews with potential hotels offering positions that match your profile.
- Once a hotel accepts you, we you will receive a draft internship offer including the position, hotel, working hours and compensations included.
- Accept your internship offer and pay the program fee.
- You are ready to start your visa process and prepare for a life-time experience.
Raul Bravo- Spain TestimonialHospitality Internships , Spain , Spain , Testimonials
Erick Rivera- Spain TestimonialHospitality Internships , Spain , Spain , Testimonials
Claudia Aguilar- Spain TestimonialHospitality Internships , Spain , Spain , Testimonials
Jorge Hernández – Spain TestimonialHospitality Internships , Spain , Spain , Testimonials