Thailand: Paid Hospitality & Culinary Internship.
Our hospitality internship program will provide you with the opportunity to immerse into one of Southeast Asia’s beautiful countries. International resort chains and 5-star hotels are available for you to have a great time in Thailand. As most of our partner hotels are international chains, they are in constant search for students from all over the world that can meet and receive their worldwide guests.
This hospitality internship program in Thailand will give you the opportunity to work in one of these hotels in diverse service positions and with the benefits that most hotels provide to their permanent staff and interns. Hotels will provide you with meals, uniform, training, cash compensation and in some cases even with housing so you don’t have to worry about anything before you’re arrival.
– Visa: A big perk of our program is that VISA procedures are taken care of by the hotels. They will provide you with a sponsorship that will allow you to obtain the visa documents that you will need in order to undertake an internship in Thailand. Depending on the hotel, visa fees might have to be covered by the student.
– Compensations: Generally hotels will give you a shared housing where you will be able to interact and live together with other interns, either national or international and full-time employees of the hotel. This will give you the opportunity to create life-long relationships and also will help you in the process of adaptation with the culture and country and even hotel environment. After all, who said we had enough friends already? Some of the other benefits of our internship program in Thailand are that duty meals are also provided by the hotel; sometimes even the third meal in the day is provided! So you can use your benefit #3 in some traveling and enjoying all the things that Thailand has to offer. Cash compensations are also provided by the hotel; usually a student will get paid around 5,000 THB to 10,000 THB which is a good amount of money considering that you can eat at a gourmet restaurant for 8 USD. (270 TBH).
– Location: Openings for this hospitality internship program in Thailand are located throughout the country. The internship placement process is based on your profile, experience, positions of interest and, openings at the moment of your application. The locations where most of our interns are placed are: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pattaya and Phuket but also, we can place you geographically in other places that will represent a benefit for you and your career.
Typical positions available:
Past interns have secured positions at:
Am I eligible?
Our internship program was designed for university students and young graduates who meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled at university/MBA program or have less than 12 months of being graduated.
- Have full support from his university in order to sign an agreement with the host hotel and issue a recommendation letter to the embasy.
- Only hospitality, tourism and culinary majors.
- Be between 18 to 27 years old.
- Be fluent in English.
- Be available for a minimum of 6 months or 12 months.
- Be open-minded, willing to learn new things and meet new people.
When should I apply?
- Deadline to apply: 3 months before your starting date.
- Apply 3 to 12 months before your starting date.
- Program start every Monday of the month.
- Placement process takes around 2 to 3 months.
- In some programs we can find internship within 4 weeks.
What's the total investment?
Enrollment Fee 350 USD: To be paid after having your interview and receiving the acceptance letter from Worldwide Internships that confirms your eligibility. Once paid, you’re officially enrolled into the program.
Program Fee: To be paid once you accept an internship offer.
- 700 USD for 6 months internship.
- 900 USD for 12 months internship.
- Guaranteed hospitality internship placement.
- Cash compensation from 5,000 to 10,000 THB per month.
- Standard shared housing inside/outside the hotel or cash allowance for housing on the top of your cash compensartion.
- Meals during working hours.
- Visa assistance.
- Full support during the entire internship.
- Assistance and communication with your university for internship accreditation.
What's not included:
- Airport Pick-up.
- Flight to and from Thailand.
- Daily living expenses.
- Others not specified.
How about the visa?
Non-Immigrant Visa "ED" (Education)
1. REQUIREMENT: This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to study, attend seminar, training session, or internship in Thailand.
2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Visa application form completely filled out
- Recent (4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
- Recommendation letter addressed to the Consulate
- Letter of acceptance from the concerned academic institute/organisation
- Academic record and the Student ID (if currently studying)
- For those wishing to attend seminar, or training session, or internship, a recommendation letter from the concerned organisation addressed to the Consulate is also required
- Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
3. VISA FEE: 80 USD
4. VALIDITY OF A VISA: The validity of a visa is 3 months.
5. PERIOD OF STAY: Holder of this type of visa is entitled to stay in Thailand for a maximum period of 90 days. He or she may apply for an extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau and may be granted such extension for a period of one year from the date of first entry into Thailand.
6. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy. Therefore, travellers are adivised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.
What's the next step?
The process is really easy and it is divided in 3 simple steps:
1 - BOOK YOUR INTERVIEW:
- Fill out the application form.
- Choose a time and date to have an interview with one of our internship agents.
- The interview objective is to confirm your eligibility and explain in detail the program of your interest.
- If you successfully complete it, you will receive your acceptance letter to enroll into the program.
- Submit the necessary documents requested during the interview.
- Choose your program and 3 positions you want apply for.
- Pay the Enrollment Fee of 350 USD.
- Receive your welcome letter and start the placement process.
- We will arrange interviews with potential hotels offering positions that match your profile.
- Once a hotel accepts you, we you will receive a draft internship offer including the position, hotel, working hours and compensations included.
- Accept your internship offer and pay the program fee.
- You are ready to start your visa process and prepare for a life-time experience.
Alejandra Coutiño – Spain TestimonialHospitality Internships , Spain , Spain , Testimonials
Paulo Cañete – USA TestimonialHospitality Internships , Testimonials , USA
Raul Bravo- Spain TestimonialHospitality Internships , Spain , Spain , Testimonials
Erick Rivera- Spain TestimonialHospitality Internships , Spain , Spain , Testimonials